Saturday, August 2, 2008

Saturday, in the Park

We have been working day and night getting ready for our guests who start coming in next week. Opening ceremonies are only a few days away! I've redone my transfer lists 3 times (each time takes about 5 hours) because the transportation dept. keeps changing their minds on how they want to work things. I'd like to meet this transportation dept...probably sitting in their office with their feet on the desks having a good laugh..."hey Pete, let's change it back to the original system, ha!, bet that'll drive em' nuts!"...

But today we were able to get out and go to the "Temple of Heaven" to have our staff photo taken. (come to think of it those transport people were probably there, can you spot them below? They usually wear red).

Anyway back to the point of the blog...The first amazing thing I saw as I left the hotel was the SKY!!! BLUE SKY!!! I think I could almost say it was a "beautiful morning in Beijing!"...although still incredibly hot & heavy!.

As you enter the Temple of Heaven you walk through a fairly large park. Here are some photos that I took as I walked in. I was amazed at all of the local Chinese starting their Saturday morning. I tell you, we all wanted to "play" with them!

Tai Chi

Tai Chi with swords

Hacky sack


double handed badminton


perfecting the art of caligraphy (with brushes and water)

and this group of women with these beautiful flags

and the ole standby...dancing in the streets!

We had to stand in the hot sun waiting for 900+ people to be organized...here are some photos and yes...me in my uniform...The red uniforms are for Jet Set employess and the Blue are for the sister company that I work for, CoSport.

if you can see the umbrellas, people use them a lot here and I can attest to the amount of heat that is relieved with an open umbrella. It's amazing!


my team...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

did that committee know that the blue shirt would go perfectly with your eyes??
who's idea was it to try to organize 900 people for a photo???

Anonymous said...

Uniform looks good - it doesn't look like an XXL. Why the blue sky - did they stop driving yet to clear out the smog for the Olympics? Lucky says "Hi Mom! Having a wonderful time with Sherman and Phoebe."

Anonymous said...

900 people in one photo?!?!?!

Uniform looks good -- it does make your eyes stand out, lucky girl.

More, more, more! I am loving your blog!

Love from your Cuz!

anjer said...

hey eb! thanks for the update! the uniform looks good - what a relief i bet!

looks like you're having a great time - can't wait for more updates!