Thursday, August 7, 2008

Countdown is on....

It's about 7 hours to go until the Opening Ceremonies. We just heard that we have to have our guests leave the hotel even earlier because they have closed down about 1/2 of the city due to the luncheon with all the Heads of State at the Peoples Great Hall in Tiananmen Square. No one knows how long it will take to get to the Olympic Green so they leave at 3 pm for the show that starts at 8 pm and is expected to end at 1 am!! Whew! In a way I'm glad I'm not going (although I would if a ticket became available). Sounds exhausting! And since our group will be gone, we will have free time. I'm going to go with some others to watch the Opening Ceremony at a park or Plaza where they have set up a big screen TV. At least we can leave when we want. I wonder how many of you will burn the midnight oil and watch the Opening???

No comments: