Thursday, August 21, 2008

Closing in on Closing Ceremonies...

Our last group of guests arrived today! Yipee!! Everyone arrived safely although I did lose one man at the airport for a short time...(currently waiting for Elana's call)...I'm having a glass (or two)...of Great Wall Cabernet 1998 to celebrate this wonderful day!

Tomorrow my partner is going with the group so I essentially have the day off. I'm trying to decide what to do...sleep, massage, shop, events -tons of finals, athletics (where the group will be), artistic gymnastics, diving, and prelim. tech. syncronized swimming. Oh my, what to do!!?? Not sleep for sure...sorry mom.

They are expecting record numbers of visitors on the Olympic Green...over 500,000 at some points due to the variety of events that will be taking place. How exited am I about that? Not so much...500,000 picture taking strollers? How does one navigate that??? Guess I'll find out...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of "Mom" - did she ever post a comment. My Mom did!
Picked up Lucky today. He is doing great but I have finally started telling him when you will be back. I figure he can understand a week from today.

Go to events on your day off. You can get sleep and a massage in the USA.

Too bad for the USA softball team. But May/Welsh and the USA women's soccer sure do ROCK! I thought soccer was boring until I watched the USA/Brazil game this morning. WOW!

Pack all the fun in that you can. It's almost over.

Unknown said...

Hey EB,

Finally got a chance to read your blog, it's a blast and your pics are fantastic!!! Have a great last week in Beijing. Travel safely back home, it'll be great to see you and Lucky will be so happy to have his mom back!!!

Cheers,
Nan