Sunday, August 10, 2008

And the events begin...

Okay so what do I say now...how can I possibly keep your interest and give more life and energy to this blog? I don't think anything can be as exciting as the last entry in any way shape or form. It's all still a bit unreal... but...I 'll give it my best...

Today I decided to try out my infinity pass. I joined our guests on the bus and we went to the Artistic gymnastics and Swimming (men & women qualifying) events. I didn't have a ticket but as you can see below, the pass worked just fine! If there is an open seat, I can have it. How great is that?

Shawn Johnson is unbelievable on the balance beam...poor picture but you get the idea.

getting ready for the broadcast...

The swimming cube...which a cool building...literally!

It started pouring rain today...the first joyful feeling of cool air since I've been here. To get out of the rain I went to the swimming event early and was able to watch these divers training.


Michael Phelps...big Olympic celebrity!~fun to watch...like the US suits

And the race in on!

This was a qualifying heat, Michael came in 4th I think. Guess he's saving his energy for the finals.

My Chinese staff invited me to go with them to try to get into the China/USA basketball game (the hottest ticket in town) and my spirit wanted to go but I have been living on 4 hours of sleep a day and I just couldn't do it! As it was I still didn't get to sleep until just after midnight!
P.S. love the comments...

the flame burns on through the smog, haze and downpour of rain!

2 comments:

Raelene said...

Glad to hear your infinity pass worked. It's a good thing Phelps saved his energy. The 4/100m relay was insane. I'm pretty sure you could hear me and my family yelling with excitement when the Americans beat the French. What an amazing race!!!! Once again, I was glued to the TV today. It's now 11:40 pm and I don't want to go to bed. I just want to keep watching the Games...live! Get some sleep and can't wait to hear what you have to say tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Swimming and Gymnastics! Wow! Those would be the hottest tickets for Americans! We were watching the balance beam last night and I am a nervous wreck the whole time they are on it. I can't believe you are seeing all of this. Take advantage - you can sleep when you get home!