Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Last adventure...homeward bound!!

I was on my own today...no one to join me on my last day of adventure. I wanted to go to the Summer Palace and after about two 1/2 hours of travel, subway #'s 1/5/10 and 13 and bus #375, and at last I was there! After all that travel I was sure I'd be disappointed ... but I wasn't. It was really beautiful and so large and spread out! I didn't get to see it all but was impressed with what I did see.

the infinity pass gave me free transport and free entrance! But the big question now is...will it get me into First Class??? I'm going to wear it on the plane just in case! :)

View of Beijing from the Summer Palace...this lake belongs to the Palace too! Lots of 'haze' these past few days. They have allowed all the cars back on the road yesterday...maybe that is contributing to the pollution?

lake at the Palace..you can take a ride on these boats

gotta love the stairs...they are everywhere!

map of the Summer Palace area...if I was the Emperor, I'd never leave!!

I had a foot massage tonight after all my walking...Tami was right. They did soak my feet in some dark liquid...but I didn't feel any little fish eating away at my skin..not to say they weren't there though! The massage was great! I could have stayed all night! And I could have afforded to stay too! It was only about $13 US for a little over an hour AND I got a shoulder massage thrown in! I will definitely miss this about China!

I can't believe it's finally here...my last day in China! It's been a great adventure and this blog has been fun to write and recount my days. Thanks for reading and for your comments. It's made me feel closer to home even though I'm so far away. But this time tomorrow I'll be in the USA and hopefully giving big hugs & kisses to my little black dog! (if he remembers me!)


1 comment:

cjsatcmi said...

Hey EB,

Greetings from one of your "gals". Hope all is well and you finally can greet someone without having to retell the same stories again and again. I've Been looking for your address, but can't find it. Hopefully you are still getting updates from your blog.

Saw a Utah ski commercial this morning and couldn't resist the reminder that I needed to contact you. My slow boat box finally showed up last week. It was a rush to open it and find all those lovely uniform pieces sitting there. It certainly did bring back the memories.

Drop a line when you can drag yourself off the slopes.

Jianguo Cathy