Monday, August 11, 2008

the card that keeps on giving...

So today we went to women's volleyball. BUT...just before we went to get on the bus we saw the men's 400 meter relay starting...we stopped to watch and wowza we were glad we did! The entire lobby of the hotel was yelling...what a race!!! Watch it if you have a chance...it'll be all over the news I'm sure!

When I use the infinity pass to get into an event I have to go to a different security entrance where they scan my pass and check my photo etc. I did that today and once I got in I couldn't find the entrance for 'regular' people. I ended up going into the Olympic Family entrance a highly secure area..."heck I thought, I'm here I might as well stop by the Olympic Family lounge" which is what I did. There were a few mucky mucks in there so I grabbed a water and headed out to find my way to the 'regular' people. I started walking up this hall and down another trying to get to the general admission entrance.

On the way I found myself, well see for yourself...

athletes changing area...here is the USA team ready to go out on the floor...


they should have stayed in the locker room...they didn't play so well. Lost in 3 sets..

Tomorrow we see some fooba..uh..soccer...somehow though before it's all over I have to find myself back at the "Cube" to watch more of Michael Phelps...(and don't worry Chris, I already have noted the dates of the synchronized swimming...I'm going to do my best to go)...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OHMYWORD! You are just the best person to be at the Games! You're not intimidated by the bureaucracy but neither are you A Pushy American -- I'm following your blog with my mouth hanging open -- hate to repeat myself but Wow, Wow, Wow!

How are you ever going to settle back down into regular life after this?!??! (tho' you may appreciate more than 4 hours of sleep a night -- heh!)

And seeing the athletes up close! How incredible!

Sneak in a nap and keep updating!

Also, I want the grey costumes worn in the opening ceremonies -- the very traditional kimona ones. Must have. (And, errrr, some of the guys wearing them were pretty cute too!)

Love from your Cuz