Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Uniforms Unveiled!!

I know you have been waiting ever so patiently for this...so here you go...pictures of the clothing that I will be wearing from August 7-24th! They will be cute for the first two days and then....ugh... sorry you will have to wait for another photo op to see these beauties on me. The pants will convert to shorts if it gets way too hot and the jacket is for the rainy days of which we haven't had any yet but we're told it does happen this time of year.

We also met our Chinese staff this afternoon. I'm not sure if this is normal for Chinese people or just for our group of volunteers but all our volunteers have English names that they choose. We have Issac, Irene and May. Their real names are Rao Yicai, Yin Hongying and Xiao Haimei. Now you see why English names might be a tad easier...although some of the volunteers have pretty wild English names, 'Jellyfish' is one, 'Chocolate' another.. etc...I'm happy with our three. They all speak and read English very well and for that I am relieved! They will serve as 'tour guides/hosts' for our guests and will be them constantly. I think they'll be great.

Issac, Irene & May

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, the uniform is. . .OK. Not your usual style but I guess they weren't designing with just you in mind -- damn them! You have an image!

I LOVE your Chinese associates -- I so want to work with Jellyfish! Jell for short, of course.

Man, this is SUCH an amazing experience -- thank you again for letting me peer over your shoulder.

And cultivate those friendships, you'll always have a place to stay when visiting China!

Love from your Cuz!

Unknown said...

Hi EB,
Looks like you are having a good time. The blog is fun to read...it's fun to watch you over there...loved the "warrior" photo.
Watered your m plants. Where do you hide your vodka?
Love ya,
David