Monday, July 21, 2008

Soliders, Soldiers, everywhere….in Xian



What an amazing site…over 8000 warriors with accompanying chariots and horses…It’s really quite impressive and I enjoyed the visit. For much better pictures and the whole story of the Soldiers and their discovery, click here, it's really interesting.
http://www.thexianguide.com/Terracotta_Warriors.htm


While in Xian I met a man from Israel and a woman from Holland and we spent the late afternoon/evening seeing the sites of Xian. A ‘small’ city in China with only 3 million people!


The Bell Tower and Drum Tower in the distance. The haze is constant air pollution.
Traffic in Xian was crazy! I held my breath a few times but relaxed when I noticed not one dent on any of the cars...these are people who know how to drive & they mix up the bikes with the buses and cars. I held my breath while watching this poor bicyclist trying to make it through the maze of the roundabout, but he did. It's truly a transportation symphony.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!

Anonymous said...

OK, first of all, the armor makes you look tall and thin -- would you please bring me home a set?

second -- wow, wow, wow, Xian was on my Must Vist List but now I'm bumping it up to the top!

Amazing! Have fun, keep blogging, I'm living vicariously!

Love from The Cuz

Anonymous said...

EB -
You ROCK!! You had way to much fun and drama at the airport! Your pictures are great and that armor thing.....beauty, beauty beauty!! Can't wait to see the uniform. All is well at the office! How's the food??!!
Mare

Anonymous said...

hey my world traveling sis
first off im relieved for the moment, you're safe & sound. You really should write for a travel mag, well maybe not. What I want to know (after reading ur blog) is how is the Mental Health care systm in China? Let me know I have an "in". All that reading just to be a Hooker (excuse me in "hospitality"?!!! Sorry sis u know me! You looked adorable in the armor. All is well back here just taking care of mom while ur away. Love u my wonderful big sis Travel on and be safe

Anonymous said...

Miss u big sister!!!! xoxo